Removing coating from linen wraps
w***@gmail.com
2018-09-13 14:37:33 UTC
A couple of players on my league team have Meucci cues that have some kind
of lamination or coating on their wraps. I assume this is standard with
Meucci cues, but both players would rather be able to feel the wrap. Is
there a way to remove the coating, or can it be done by a cuemaker? It
seems to me you would have to use a thicker wrap for it to be even with the
rest of the butt. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Jeff Cavanagh
Yellowknife
I always wondered why Meucci cues had the layer of clear coat over the wrap as well. I've always loved the Meucci designs and the hit of the cue itself, but my personal preference is a wrapped cue. Which is why I've never bought a Meucci cue. My answer to this problem is just buying another high quality cue that does come with a true wrap.

And I agree with someone who said, if you're just going to cover the feel of it, why put a wrap on in the first place? Seems to defeat the purpose of a wrap IMO.
Meaux L
2022-07-20 08:03:32 UTC
Bob Meucci puts this coating on the wraps for a GOOD reason. It protects the
delicate Irish Linen and maintains it's color and beauty. Any cuemaker that
removes this coating is harming your cue and probably doesn't understand
that ALL CUES should have this special coating.
Jeff Cavanagh wrote in message ...
A couple of players on my league team have Meucci cues that have some kind
of lamination or coating on their wraps. I assume this is standard with
Meucci cues, but both players would rather be able to feel the wrap. Is
there a way to remove the coating, or can it be done by a cuemaker? It
seems to me you would have to use a thicker wrap for it to be even with the
rest of the butt. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Jeff Cavanagh
Yellowknife
Just seeing this 24 years after you wrote it , and it was under the google search (a company not publicly traded at the time) how the hell do I remove this stupid urethane off irish linen./ I've played with meucci's since 1990s on and off - and I have always wondered why the hell they put it on there when little guys like bill @ josswest, or Jacoby, or espuruto or tdb or stout, schon, preacher , yada yada yada..... all let you feel a nice wrap and I've never had any of those explode. I've kinda wondered it it just a really cheap fake linen and the coatings so you will never know.... which considering the price point of the other boys kinda makes more and more sense